My Blog List

Monday, December 20, 2010

Smashing Pumpkins

 After Thanksgiving, I'm always at a loss at what to do with my leftover pumpkins.  I feel bad just throwing them in the trash, so this year, we created a new tradition!  The day after Thanksgiving, we will get up in the morning, get doughnuts and hot chocolate, and find a good place to smash our pumpkins.  This was our first year, and although not everything went according to plan, we still had a blast!
 Houston all bundled up, waiting for the big event.
 Little Harley
 Hunter still a little sleepy!
 Jeff is super excited at the thought of smashing his pumpkin!
 Jenna enjoying the morning.
 Hunter was the first of us to go.  He tossed it over the bridge, and we waited for the pumpkin to smash in to tiny little pieces, or at least crack open.  Unfortunately for us, all of our pumpkins were frozen solid!  So Hunter's pumpkin floated merrily down the stream.
 Houston was the next to go, with the same result.  He really enjoyed seeing the big splash!
 Harley was next, and she was happy to push her pumpkin into the water.
 It was my turn to go, I threw my pumpkin down with some extra force.  Not a single crack!
 Jeff threw his pumpkin on to some rocks first, nothing!  He ended up throwing his off the bridge like the rest of us.  Not a single pumpkin smashed, not even cracked!
It was still, a great time!  The kids loved it.  Next year, we will make sure that our pumpkins are nice and warm.  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment