My Blog List

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Time at the Wilson House

 I love decorating for Christmas!  It has taken me many years to collect and peice together all the decorations that I have.  My tree is my pride and joy of my decorations.  I made lots of the ornaments on my tree.  They are my favorite ones, because they remind me of when we were dirt poor, and could afford to waste any money on Christmas tree decorations.  So I got creative with Styrofoam, putty, glitter, and a feather boa. 
 Another one of my favorite decorations for Christmas is my Nativity Sets.  I own two very beautiful, but very different sets.  The first one is made by Jim Shore, and those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE Jim Shore.  His art work is extremely detailed. The first time I saw the set, I fell in love with it.  It took me a few years of waiting until I could buy it, but now is one of my most treasured Christmas decoration.

The other Nativity set is the large Willow Tree set.  This set is extremly simple.  I love it because I can feel the love that Mary has for her little new born son.  Not because of what he will do for mankind, or who he will become, but because he is hers.  It moves me to tears every time I look at it.

 Here is our family stockings.  I'm so greatful to have a banister to hang them from.
 These three trees light up my entry way of my home.  I love them, because they remind me of my good friend Erin, who is now living it up in Hawaii.  She was getting rid of a lot of things before moving, and she gave me these trees.  Every time I look at them, they remind me of her and her family.
This year, we finally put lights up on our house.  It has been something we have always wanted to do, but never could.  
I love decorating for Christmas, not only dose it beautify my house, but it also reminds me of all the good times that I have had with Jeff in the eight and a half years we have been married.

No comments:

Post a Comment