My Blog List

Friday, July 2, 2010

The Ragnar

This year Jeff and I totally lost our minds, and ran in the Wasatch Back.  It's 188 mile relay with twelve member on a team.  Two vehicles, three legs, and over twenty four hours of straight running! Jeff and I were in van two.  Along with: Miranda, Amanda, Natalie, and Matt.  This is our car, before we started!
Jeff was super excited for the race!
We had a chance to relax before we started.
Here I am running my first leg.  It was 3.5 miles in the middle of the day.  The heat just sucks the life out of you!  I finished and handed the slap bracelet off to Jeff.
 Jeff had a solid run, and did awesome!!  He is a natural.

Here is Natalie and Amanda cheering Jeff on.
Jeff and I, after our first legs.
Matt on his first leg
Miranda and Amanda
Natalie and Matt.  Natalie had a brutal hill her first leg!
Jeff and I resting in a football field, waiting for car one to finish their run.
Here I am, in my awesome night running gear!  I ran my second leg at one in the morning.  It was a little more then seven miles.  It was my absolute favorite leg!  The stars were out, it was nice a cool, and it was really dark, so you couldn't see how far you had to go.  This was my fastest run.  I got an 8:16 mile.  I was so proud!
Jeff ripped up his second leg!  His second run was close to ten miles.  He ran a 8:30 mile!  Not bad for someone who didn't really train!
After running our second leg, we headed for a high school, to try to get some sleep in the school's gym.  It was so nice to rest for a couple of hours.  Then we were up and ready to start our third and final leg!  Here is Steph and Matt, showing team spirit!!  GO SLUGS!!
Here I am before I did my last leg!  The last one was the hardest one.  It was over six miles, uphill, in the middle of the day!  The heat was intense.  I was soo glad when other cars would drive by and, spray me with water!  It kept me cool, and able to finish my third leg.
At the end of my leg, I was exhausted!  I was so glad to see my cute hubby there waiting for me!!  Jeff then had to start his last leg.  He had to run over 3.5 miles straight up hill!!  The name of his hill is called, "You gotta be kidding me!!  He did awesome! 
Natalie and Amanda  waving our team flag, and cheering Jeff on!
Jeff running up his hill.
Matt had the leg after Jeff.  His hill is the reason they call the race Ragnar!  He finished his hill, with our team flag raised up high!!  Jeff was pretty excited too!
I had to add a picture of the Honey Buckets.  They where your best friend at the pit stops!  Love the name!
Jeff and I riding the gondola up to the Canyons where the finish line was.  Amanda ran the last leg, and we all ran in together!  The Ragnar was an awesome experience.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever done!  I was so glad that I could do it with family and friends, and especially my husband Jeff!  We had a blast!!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you, skinny! I love the hair and you totally rock! Good job on the Ragnar. You are amazing. Wish I could have done it with you, but I am so glad you did it with Jeff. That rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, skinny! I love the hair and you totally rock! Good job on the Ragnar. You are amazing. Wish I could have done it with you, but I am so glad you did it with Jeff. That rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv these pics! you will have to save them on a cd for me! I'm so glad you guys had a good time! I wish you could have been in r vehicle! You and Jeff ripped it up! Great job!

    ReplyDelete