My Blog List

Monday, February 2, 2009

Stop and Think

This month for girls night, we went and saw a movie called Defiance. The movie is based on a true story, and takes place during WWII. It is about a group of Jews who escape to the forest to hide from the German soldiers. Many of the people who escaped to the forest, have lost everything. Not just their homes, and possessions, but their entire family.
Regardless of all the hardships that they went through, they never gave up. Even when it looked completely hopeless, they decided to fight, and to keep trying.
After the movie, we were all in a very pensive mood. This is a world, where every day you turn on the news, and it's bad news. The economy is so bad, and everything is only going to get worst. After that movie, all my problems seemed extremely trivial. I just had to stop and appreciate everything that I have.
I have a wonderful husband, who really is my best friend. I have two amazing little boys, who make me laugh everyday. I get to stay at home, and raise my boys. I have great friends and family, who are always there for me when I need them. I have shelter, and food to eat. I am a really lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. cancun looks like so much FUN!! I sure do miss girls night with all of you! I'm sad we didn't get to see you over the holidays it always gets so busy, maybe next time we come out! The boys look so cute on Christmas & I love your Christmas Eve traditions, I might have to still the game idea I love it!! hope you are all doing well! Miss you guys! Tell Hunter we say HI!

    ReplyDelete