My Blog List

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Some More Funny Hunter Stories

Hunter's favorite football player is Brett Favre. He loves him. Many times when I ask him to get me something. He will run, grab, and throw it at me. All while saying, "Brett Favre."
02/05/09


I read my wife's stories about my son Hunter and he is ONE FUNNY KID! It made me instantly think of one of the funniest things I've ever heard him say or at least, one of the funniest things that he said to his Grandma Debbie. This happened a little while ago, probably back in June of 2008, and during this time Hunter had learned some new words. After some coaching, he quickly learned that we don't say those words. He learned it so well that he apparently became the teacher. This story has two parts. It started one afternoon that Hunter was being watched by his Grandma. His Grandma Debbie was cleaning the house and and must have dropped something and she mumbled the word 'stupid'. Hunter immediately put one hand on his hip and with his other hand he pointed his finger at Grandma and said, "No Grandma! That is a bad word and we don't say 'stupid', we are not suppose to say 'damn' or 'shut-up' too".

Hearing this story was hilarious, but it got even funnier. The following week Hunter was once again at his Grandma's house, but this day Hunter was being a little stinker. After a fun day at Grandma's house it was time to clean up the toys. Grandma asked Hunter to clean up the toys and Hunter wasn't listening very well, so she this time she told him, "Hunter, pick up the toys". Hunter then started saying one of our bad words, as if he was testing Grandma, "shhhhhhhuuuuuuttttt". He only got through the first half of the word, when his Grandma interrupted him and said "Hunter, don't you say it!" Then instantly Hunter replied with some real attitude. He sort of puffed up his chest and lifted his chin and said, "Grandma, I can say whatever I want too. I can say 'stupid' and 'damn' too.

Another funny thing I remember that Hunter said too me was back in the summer time. Hunter was having one of those days that he asks about 50 questions in a one minute timeframe, so I decided to turn it around on him. I started asking simple questions and following it up his answers with 'Why'.
For example, "Hunter, how old are you?"
"I am 4."
"Why?"
"Because."
"Because Why?"
This went on for about a minute with other random questions thrown in there.
Finally, Hunter had enough. He started walking up the stairs and I asked him one final question, "Where are you going?" "Daddy, I'm going upstairs. I need a break from you."

Kids really do say the funniest things and they are soooo much fun! I recommend that everyone should at least have 1 or 2 of them, if not more!

No comments:

Post a Comment