My Blog List

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Funny Kid Stories

These are some funny kids stories that I have written down, since I started my blog. Hopefully they make you laugh as much as they make me laugh.

I recently got a new hoodie that had zipper heads at the end of the hoods pull strings. When I move around, they sound like bells. Hunter and I were walking to the mail box today, and he heard my shirt. He stopped and said in a quiet voice: "I think Santa Clause is watching us."
9/20/08

Hunter was in a hurry for me to get him some gummies. I told him, "Hunter, just hold your horses." He said, "I can't! They are wild horses, and they run around everywhere. I can't catch them!"
10/13/08

Hunter was having a sleepover with his cousins at Grandma Debbie's house. In the middle of the night Hunter was coughing, so Grandma Debbie went and got him a drink. He sat up and took a drink, then said, "I love sleepovers!" Then he went right back to sleep.
10/17/08

We were at church, and we were singing the last song of the Sacrament Meeting. Hunter turned to me and asked, "Mama, is it half time?"
10/26/08

When we took Hunter and Houston trick or treating, Hunter was being a very good big brother. He would ring the doorbell, say "trick or treat", get his piece of candy, and then immediately say, "Don't forget my brother!" Every time he would say it so worriedly. It was so cute!
10/31/08

Hunter has been sick for a while. He has had a really bad ear ache. We got some drops from the doctor, to put in his ear, when he was in pain. Hunter absolutely hates the drops. He says that they are cold going into his ear. Almost always he cries, or screams, when I am putting the drops in his ear. Today we were out and about, and Hunter was saying that his ear hurt. So I told him that when we got home I would put drops in his ear. He started to cry saying he didn't want drops. He said that they were too boring! I told him that I had to put them in his ear because the doctor had told me to do so. Also, that crying wouldn't make anything better. He stooped crying almost immediately, then said with a slight tremble in his voice, "Okay Mama! I'm going to be a man. I'm not going to cry when I get drops in my ear." I had the hardest time not laughing. I have no idea where he even got that idea!
11/06/08


Hunter does not want to grow up. He doesn't want to be a teenager or a grown up. Today asked me if I could skip the grown up numbers, so that he can always be a kid. I tell him, that nobody can skip getting older, it just happens to everyone. He told me that he would just go back to the kid numbers. I asked him why he absolutely did not want to grow up. He said that he likes to play all day. Also that his Grandma says that she likes him as a little kid. I asked him what grandma said that, and he said all of them.
11/17/08


I was teaching Hunter the months of the years song the other day. He actually pick it up quickly, but with one small problem, he called it the Months of the Ear. I explained to him that it was the Months of the Y-Y-ear. Telling him that their was a Y at the beginning of the word.
I thought that he understood, and had him tell me the name of the song once again.
He said "Months of the Ear."
I said, "Hunter it's Year."
He looked at me and said, "Near?"
"No Hunter, Year."
"Here?"
"NO YEAR!"
At this point he started laughing at his joke he was playing on me. Still to be funny, he will call the song, "Months of the Ear."
01-31-09

3 comments:

  1. Such cute things that he says. That's great that you wrote them down.

    I have been meaning to call you. Hope you are doing ok. Can I do anything for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, these are precious! I'm glad you've written them down. If I don't always forget......or forget which child said what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha these gave me a good laugh at work yesterday! :) I work with Jeff- I met you at the Christmas party. I love your blog, its fun to read about your kiddos, they sound like funny little guys. You guys seem like great parents too, you make me excited for kids!

    ReplyDelete