My Blog List

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hunter and the Beanstock

In September, Hunter's pre-school, went to the Young's Living Farm. It was so fun to see all the different animals. Hunter especially loved the horse and cart ride. After that, the kids all got to plant their very own beans. This is something that I think every kids has done at one point in their lives.
Hunter proudly planted his little bean, and named him Jumping Bean. We took him home, and placed him in the kitchen window. Hunter made sure that his little bean got enough water and sun. He also resisted the urge, to dig and find his little bean in the soil. It wasn't long before a beautiful green leaf sprouted out of the dirt. I wasn't sure if that leaf was from the bean seed. It seemed that there was no way for it to grow that fast. Jeff and I thought, that maybe another seed or plant had been in the soil, and was growing with Hunter's bean.
Well this little plant just grew and grew and grew. Soon, I had to re-plant it into a bigger pot. Hunter proudly watched over his Jumping Bean everyday.
This morning, I was getting breakfast for Hunter, when I noticed something on Hunter's plant. Tinny little bean pods. I could not believe my eyes! I immediately grabbed Jeff's hand, and dragged him into the kitchen. "Is that really Hunter's bean plant!" He was more surprised then I was. I quickly got the camera, so I could document Hunter's amazing bean plant.
When I did this in school, I don't think any of the bean plants ever looked like this!

Hunter has a green thumb! There is no doubt about it. When I showed him his new little bean pods, Hunter said, "Now I can plant those, and they can grow in to a tiny bean stock." He then started thinking about it, and asked: "Whose going to climb my little bean stock?" I told him, that probably an ant would. He started laughing at that idea, and then added:"Yeah, a little ant will climb up, and then he will meet a creepy giant!" I laughed and told him that maybe, he was the creepy giant to the little ant. That just made him laugh even more.



1 comment:

  1. i love your blog! glad we can k.i.t this way too! loves,linz

    ReplyDelete