My Blog List

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Houston is Growing Up

The other day was a big day for Houston. I was holding him, and he was helping me turn off the lights. After everyone he helped me with, I would tell him to say: "I did it!"

Well much to my surprise, he started saying, "I did it!"

I was so surprised! Up to this point, he would say Dada, Buba, bye bye, hi, and an occasional hello. I was expecting him to start saying other small words, like Mama. No, he decided to go with an entire sentence.

Well, I was thoroughly impressed with my little one year old, but he wasn't done giving me surprises yet. Later that day, I was trying to keep him and Hunter entertained. I finally gave Houston a soccer ball to play with.

It was like some natural instinct took over. He kicked that ball around for an hour. I have never seen anything like it. I didn't know that a one year old, could focus on something for that long. We might just have the youngest soccer player in history.

I had to call Jeff at work, to tell him about his amazing son. I couldn't wait to tell him about Houston saying an entire sentence. Jeff was happy about Houston talking, but when I told him about him playing with the soccer ball he was ecstatic! I think he might have gotten a tear in his eye. His little boy is growing up and playing sports!

2 comments:

  1. Ah how cute! I always love when my nieces and nephews hit a new little stage and do new things! I'm sure its just that much better when they're your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Isn't amazing at how much these little ones can amaze us! I love watching my girls develop new skills! I can't believe how big he is!

    ReplyDelete