My Blog List

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lots of Stuff

This has been an especially crazy time in mine and Jeff's life. As most of you know, Jeff and I were building a house in Spanish Fork. Well, it finally got finished! We were so excited. We actually closed on the house on June 18. After much work and stress, we finally officially moved in on June 23.
On June 26 was Jeff's 30th birthday. So to celebrate, he took the day off. We had a good weekend, and even bought a new dining room table. On Monday morning, Jeff was feeling unwell, so he decided to take a sick day. He sent a text message to his boss, but got no reply. After a few hours his boss did call, just to tell him that on Friday everyone was let go, including Jeff. (Good thing he didn't go to work on Friday, or he would have had a really bad birthday)
When Jeff told me that he no longer had a job, I thought that he must be joking. You see, the last time that I was eight months pregnant, Jeff got laid off. So I thought this was a very bad joke. But it was no joke.
Well not to let things get us down, we immediately started looking for new jobs. We didn't have the Internet set up at our new house yet, so we would go up to Keith and Debbie's house to use their computer. That Wednesday, we were on our way when the car's engine started heating up. We pulled over, and the engine-coolant was boiling, We were able to get our car over to Johnson Tire. Turns out that our car is most likely toast. But lucky for us, we have another car that still works. Plus with Jeff not working right now, we really don't need more then one car.
Now I'm not complaining about everything that has happened. I still feel extremely blessed, and know that things will work out the way that they should.
I just wanted to say thank you to all our friends and family who have helped us out in this difficult time. I just hope that one day I will be able to return the favor.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Jeff's job! Hopefully everything will work out to your benefit! Even though it is hard I'm sure that there is something to learn from all of this & in the long run it will help you grow in some way! Hope you are still feeling fine! Can't wait to see pictures of that cute little baby girl that is getting close to coming into this world! We miss seeing you guys & playing softball with you! 'll be in out thoughts & prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Jeff enjoyed his 30th birthday!!! So sorry to hear about Jeff's job. I hope things get better from here! We are thinking of you. Baby soon... Look a the bright side - Jeff will be there to help lot's! Call me if I can help in anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna! I can't believe all of that...but like you said everything will turn out. I am so excited for you to have your baby girl. I am also jealious...I have 2 more months and the heat is starting to kill me not so softly. Do you have any names picked out?

    ReplyDelete